I’d like to talk to you about writing tips that I gathered over the last 4 years. To start off, my first client was the kind of a person who hardly appreciates anything. He was a perfectionist. If I made him smile through my writing, it genuinely meant that he was impressed.
“Mr. WhatIzName” used to point out my mistakes. We worked together for several months until he had to let me go because of my writing quality. I still have a lot to learn but if I look back today, the current position is much better than ever.
To a little or great extent, the following tips about writing, will help you correct your style:
- Be a great conversationalist. By using a conversational style, you will be “talking” to your readers, while blogging. Mind it, successful bloggers use this style because it is more relaxed and allows a certain degree of flexibility.
- Take the example of this book! It was written in a casual/ conversational tone.
- Tenses matter a lot. Don’t mix present, past and future tenses with one another. If you don’t know a lot about tenses, like I, keep on writing and you will eventually get it.
- Don’t mix common words, such as;
- Always use three dots if you want to give your sentence an unfinished look. “Read On…” is an example of what I just wrote about.
- Commas can be your friend if used properly.
- “Its” and “It’s” are not same. “It’s” is shorthand for “It Is” and “Its” is used when you are writing about something related to something/someone.
These two books were a life saver for me. They are a MUST READ!!!