I have been dabbling in PC for over 2 decades now. I remember the first time I installed Windows 98, Norton Antivirus and still ended up with tons of viruses in my system after a month. Credit goes to using the cracked Symantec software, which I shouldn’t have, and a test copy of Windows. On the contrary, it was a great learning experience.
This is a Windows XP Uninstallation Screenie for Antivirus Live | Google Images
Speaking of Windows 98, it has been many years and way too much advancement in the market since then. Security threats because common, but they also gave way to security suite. In a way, the computer security sector itself because a little tippy because of the way how hackers cloak malware and project it as a fully working 100% trusted application.
This tutorial will help you get rid of fake antivirus programs, such as Security Suite Pro and etc. You can also follow the guidelines to uninstall/ block other fake antivirus applications from your PC. By the way, I was using BitDefender and switched to Microsoft Security Essentials Suite. MSE is much better because it is lite and a little more effective than BitDefender.
Here are the typical warnings that the fake antivirus software will show you:
- 1. Security Warning. Application cannot be executed. The file notepad.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?[spacer height=”20px”]
- 2. Cannot open Explorer.EXE. Please run the so and so program to properly diagnose the problem.[spacer height=”20px”]
- 3. Hidden file virus triggered by the same program and then the user is told to “uninstall” the virus by purchasing the full version.[spacer height=”20px”]
- 4. Windows security Alert. Windows reports that computer is infected. Antivirus software helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. Click here for the scan your computer. Your system might be at risk now.[spacer height=”20px”]
- 5. Antivirus software alert. INFILTRATION ALERT. Your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be a password stealing attack, Trojan – dropper or similar. Threat:BankerFox.A Do you want to block this attack? Yes or No.[spacer height=”20px”]
I covered the “purchase full version” theory last year in one of the articles at a website. Usually when a fake antivirus program is asking you to go for the full license, it is alluded as a money making technique. Tons of Indians, 3rd party companies and platforms have done this. The reason I mentioned ‘Indians’ is to specifically pinpoint this one individual: Sam Jain; a fugitive CEO on the run.[spacer height=”20px”]
You can read more about this guy at Wired.Com website.
Here is a quick way of deleting Security Suite Pro manually, since you cant uninstall it:[spacer height=”20px”]
- Searching among the system files for.exe or.bat extensions that were generated by the virus and deleting them.[spacer height=”20px”]
- Any virus related.dll,.lnk by the virus that running in background also need to be deleted.[spacer height=”20px”]
- Using registry hack to remove anything into the folders HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER that refers to the virus.[spacer height=”20px”]
In case all of the above instructions seem too difficult to follow, just clear your browsing and cookie history. Call someone over to perform a system OS update. Install a fresh copy of a legit antivirus and update it too. Afterwards, perform a full system scan and see if something shows up.
If all else fail, send me an email and screenshots of your error messages at email@example.com. I’ll be more than happy to help you get rid of the nuisance.