Mobile Fun Hosts the iPhone 5C Freebie Marathon
by - Casey Nolan | 4 years ago
Comments [ 0 ]
Normally, my product reviews kick off with a few statements or a bit of cussing. If I hate it; I say it out loud that the so and so product is subpar and doesn’t do well in the long run. However, this post is not a usual review style post.
A couple of days ago, I heard from the blogosphere community that Mobile Fun is hosting an iPhone 5C giveaway; a free for all lucky draw where you have as much chance of winning the recently released Apple device, as much as the other guys have.
Kudos to Mobile Fun for the iPhone 5C Freebie Marathon:
So how does it work? How do you take part in the contest? Take a look at the details:
Deadline/ Last Date of Entry: For Bloggers (September 24), For Normal Contestants (September 29)
All you have to do is log on to the official Mobile Fun website, or directly go to their webpage at http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/win-an-iphone-5c/. Afterwards you will be asked to connect via Facebook or a number of other Social Media accounts. This lucky draw does have its perks if you are going to refer friends via your custom link. The more friends you’ll refer through your link, your chances will grow exponentially.
Screenshot of Mobile Fun Website iPhone 5C Giveaway Webpage
On September 30 – 2013, as stated at their website, Mobile Fun will announce the winner. Blah blah blah, rest of the details and rules of this contest are right there at the company’s website. Get your lazy ass over there right now.
Moving on, let’s talk about the iPhone 5C, its setbacks and what the so called Apple activists though about the device.
iPhone 5C Review – Is it True that it’s a Knock Off Device?
I don’t have a hand on access to the iPhone 5C. Therefore, I cannot actually review the device in detail like I always do. Maybe I will be lucky enough to win an iPhone 5C through the Mobile Fun giveaway, but for now I am going to review the device based on the general approach. I looked it up on the internet, researched, gathered data and came up with what the existing owners think about the phone.
- You get good reception. It is not excellent as compared to the entire iPhone product lineup. But it is better in some way. When directly compared to the previous iPhone 5 series hand sets, the 5C’s reception is slightly over the edge.
- If bought on contract, the iPhone 5C will cost you nothing short of $100. Some people even got it for $90 or less, as it depends on the kind of contract and carrier that’s offering it.
- Global LTE coverage on a larger scale.
- Front facing camera has been upgraded with better picture quality and nice results.
- The battery life of the iPhone 5C is slightly better than the predecessors.
Depending on your use of the device, or earlier views, you may have nicer experiences to share. Feel free to drop a few comments in the comments section below. Let’s take a look at things that irritated a group of iPhone 5C users.
The Sucky Part about iPhone 5C:
- Apple could have done a better job design wise. I hate to say it but it is true that the iPhone 5C seems like a polished up version of the 2012 iPhone edition. Compare the same device with Android products and you’ll know the difference. Apple is in direct competition against every other company; why didn’t they work hard on the design part?
- 4 Inch Retina Display feels a bit tight/ small to some eyes.
- Apple’s default iPhone 5C cases are not that attractive. The bright green case with holes on the back side reveals the FCC text which kills the device’s neat profile otherwise.
The iPhone 5C is not a “Kinda Sorta” Dressed up Phone:
I think Scott Stein of CNET was a bit harsh when he wrote down that the iPhone 5C is a “Kinda Sorta” dressed up device. He says it is a new product if seen from a technical perspective, but doesn’t really bring anything “new” to the table. I beg to differ. Coming from a person who has always used Android cellphones, I have a thing for iPhone product lineup.
The 5 series is cool, and it rocked when it was first introduced. Yes, it is true that the iPhone 5C may not hold spectacular jaw dropping features, but what if a person has an iPhone 4 and makes a jump to the 5C directly? This kind of person will definitely like the smartphone because of many unseen features accompanying it.
The iPhone 5C is still loved and gets by with a minimum amount of hatred. Your basic requirements are fulfilled; i.e. you can make calls, the LTE network coverage is even better than before, large screen, very nice touch interface, tweaked processor and etc. What else could you ask for?
Also, the iPhone 5C has a wider selection of cases and it comes with pre installed iOS7. The insider theory is that the iOS7 will help NSA and such agencies to monitor “terrorists” across the globe. The outside world will get away with any latest mobile phone operating system as long as it enhances the performance and leads to optimized battery life.
For “that” extra money, the iPhone 5S gets you a metallic finishing and crispier design. Behind the scenes, both the iPhone 5C and the 5S have somewhat similar performance. The C series supports brightly colored plastic overalls and a philosophy of its own. The plastic does not crack or give that “squeaky” sound at the hinges; it has a nice quality and solid build to it.
iPhone 5C Cases:
I also spoke about the iPhone 5C cases. As a matter of fact, Amazon and couple of other online retailers are showcasing quite a handful of cases for new buyers. Even the guys at the Mobile Fun website have cases and combo packs for the device owners from all over the world. The case colors pay off nicely if you have time to scroll through the retailers’ inventory and match a few designs with the color of your iPhone 5C.
Apple’s Default iPhone 5C Case Is a Bit of a Turn Off
You get the same 8 Mp camera in the iPhone 5C which first came out with the original iPhone 5. However, given that there is iOS 7, the camera gets a facelift. There is digital zoom function which works during video recordings. The 1080p results are much better and smoother because of how the camera balances light and shadows.
I heard that the multi burst and slow motion recording is worth a try.
Wifi Connectivity and Reception:
The iPhone 5C has standard 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi Fi connector. Just like the rest of the iPhone 5 series devices, this connector comes along with a Bluetooth 4.0 technology. Not that you will need Bluetooth for file sharing, but still the 4.0 mode offers faster file transfer. On the contrary, file sharing got better with the iOS7’s Apple AirDrop feature.
Finally we talk about the call quality. People haven’t complained about the iPhone 5C call quality issues. Even in certain areas of San Francisco that are normally harbored by poor reception, the 5C does a great job in the long run. Making calls and receiving calls is just a key tap away.
Until I have the iPhone 5C, or I have actually won it in the Mobile Fun iPhone 5C Giveaway, you’re gonna have to wait for an in depth review. The device seems fine on a general note. Of course, it will always be one step behind the iPhone 5S, but for budget conscious fellas, the 5C is a great choice.
About Casey Nolan
Hello everyone, I am Bilal Malik AKA 'Casey Nolan'; Head Editor and owner of 'Infinarium.Com'. For product reviews, article requests, recommendations, or if you just want to get something off your chest, send me an email at email@example.com.
have you missed reading this?
- 1A Small History of The LaLaurie Mansion, New Orleans LouisianaUpdated on : 4 months ago
- 2Facebook developers block B.S. Detector for being a valuable source against spam websitesUpdated on : 6 months ago
- 3‘Brand Central’ is Amazon’s next step against counterfeit productsUpdated on : 6 months ago
- 4Post U.S. election thoughts| How Trump is going to impact the technology industry?Updated on : 7 months ago